Registration for CatIQ Connect’s October ’21 webinar now open
Toronto (September 14, 2021) – CatIQ and MSA Research are pleased to announce that registration is now open for the first of the Canadian catastrophe conference’s 2021/2022 online webinar series. The upcoming CatIQ Connect quarterly series will be held in October and December of 2021 and February and June of 2022.
“Given the uncertainty of the global pandemic, we made the decision to continue the webinar series through June 2022,” said Joel Baker, CEO, of CatIQ and MSA Research. “The 2020/2021 series welcomed over 500 participants to the online format, with sessions covering everything from the latest in catastrophe modelling and risk systems, to the ways the pandemic forced leaps forward in claims adjusting technology.” CatIQ Connect is a platform where industry, all levels of government, and academia come together to discuss mitigation and adaptation strategies, technological advancements, and sector perspectives around natural and human-made catastrophe management.
Registration is now open for CatIQ Connect:
October 14, 2021 – Cyber and the Connected World
Session highlights for October 14:
- Cyber Insurance: Challenges, Opportunities, and the State of the Industry with Judith Branham, Managing Director, Aon, and moderated by Gregory Eskins, Managing Director, Cyber Product Leaders, US & Canada, Marsh Canada
- Tail Risks Arising from Our Interconnected World with Dr. Rachel Anne Carter, Director of Cyber at the Geneva Association, Jess Fung, Managing Director, North American Cyber Analytics Lead at Guy Carpenter, Scott Stransky, Managing Director, Head of the Cyber Risk Analytics Center of Excellence at Marsh McLennan, moderated by Jordan Brennan, Chief Economist and VP of Policy Development at the Insurance Bureau of Canada
- Communities in an Integrated World with Stephanie Rackley-Roach, Acting Director of Corporate Performance/CIO, City of Saint John and an EPCOR Utilities representative
- A keynote presentation on Systems Theory
Save the dates for the full webinar series lineup:
- December 2, 2021 –Catastrophe Model and Technology Updates
- February 10, 2022 – Catastrophes: Past, Present, and Innovative Paths Forward
- June 9, 2022 – Sustainable and Inclusive CAT Management at All Levels
As always, the conference Steering Committee brings together leading organizations concerned with adaptation and management related to Canadian catastrophes, including:
President, ClimAction Services Inc.
Program Director, Flood Initiative & Telematics, Co-operators Group
National Catastrophe Claims Lead, Wawanesa Insurance
Managing Director, Institute for Catastrophic Loss Reduction
Director of Ecosystem Impact, School for Social Entrepreneurs Canada
Managing Director, Climate Resiliency Leader, Public Sector Partnership, Aon
Senior Vice President & Chief Underwriting Officer, Munich Re
Manager, Policy, Insurance Bureau of Canada
Advisor, Climate Risk Analytics, Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation
Managing Director, CatIQ
Assistant Director of Catastrophic Loss Analysis, CatIQ
Associate Director, Meteorological Service of Canada, Environment and Climate Change Canada
Vice President, Guy Carpenter
Co-founder & President, CRU Group Inc.
Vice President, National Commercial Accounts, WINMAR
To register for the October session, and to keep up to date on the latest announcements for future sessions, visit connect.catiq.com. You can also follow CatIQ on Twitter at @CatIQ_Inc or through the hashtag #CatIQConnect.